Blocked Drains & Emergency Service
LCL Plumbing uses the latest technology to unblock your blocked drains fast, saving you time and money. We are blocked drain specialists!
We understand blocked drains can happen at any time of the day or night and are an emergency! So our lines are open 24/7 – click to call 1300 553 173 and one of our plumbers will be out to help you straight away!
Our team utilises state of the art technology including CCTV drain camera diagnostic services (including push rod and tractor), electric eel and high pressure water jets to clear blocked drains quickly and efficiently.
Signs of a blocked sewer drain include:
- Toilet water rises above regular level, no noticeable blockage.
- Toilet water drops below regular level, or even disappears.
- Shower is slow to drain, or doesn’t drain at all.
- Overflowing water from outdoor gully trap.
- Gurgling noises from anywhere throughout your plumbing.
- Strong sewer odours/smells.
Signs of a blocked stormwater drain include:
- Stormwater pipes and/or roof gutters overflow when it rains.
- Localised flooding at stormwater exit point.
- Dampness in ground areas.
- Pipes and inspection openings are full of water or hold water.
- Use of non-flushing materials such as wet wipes, sanitary items and nappies.
- Tree roots growing in the drain.
- Grease build up from fat/oil.
- Incorrectly installed plumbing.
- Old, rusted pipes, and dislodged or broken pipes.
We understand blockages can happen at any time of the day and are an emergency! That’s why our lines are open 24/7. We have a fleet of fully equipped vehicles on the road and can be out to help you straight away.
Yes, it’s usually fine to leave it and call us first thing in the morning. It will not damage the pipes to leave them blocked for a few more hours and there is usually an overflow outside which will manage the excess water until the blockage is cleared.
In fact, waiting until the morning will make our job easier and quicker, saving you time and money!
However, if there is flooding inside the house you should call us straight away to minimise damage. Our lines are open 24/7 and we can send a specialist plumber out to help straight away.
Don’t waste time and money with less experienced plumbers. Our plumbers specialise in blocked drains, clearing multiple drains everyday, with the latest technology equipment at their disposal. The time it takes to clear a blocked drain depends on the cause of the blockage and the type of blocked drain, either sewer or stormwater.
On average a blocked sewer takes between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours to clear.
A blocked stormwater drain is usually a bit more complex and takes approximately 1-2 hours to clear. Often stormwater drains have been blocked or partially blocked for a longer period of time before being noticed. This means that tree roots have had more time to grow or pipes may have collapsed.
Before starting, our specialist plumbers will use a CCTV drain camera to locate the blockage and determine the cause of the blockage. Once the blockage has been cleared using a high pressure water jet, we will reinspect the drain using the CCTV drain camera to check that the drain is 100% clear. Then we’ll provide you with a report detailing any issues with the pipework which may lead to further blockages in the future.
link to https://lclplumbing.com.au/cctv-camera-inspections/
All of our vans are equipped with the latest technology equipment to clear blocked drains fast so it’s not often we can’t clear a drain. The most common reasons we are unable to clear a blocked drain is when the drain has no access, the drain has collapsed or there is something in the drain that we can’t clear such as large tree roots or concrete. In this case we’ll provide you with a detailed, no obligation quote to repair the drain .
link to https://lclplumbing.com.au/drain-repairs-and-renewals/
A blocked drain means the water in the pipe has nowhere to go. It will overflow out of the lowest point or if the drain has any breaks or cracks underground, the water will seep into the ground. Over time this can lead to structural damage of concrete slabs and foundations.
If the blockage is caused by tree roots, these will grow bigger and bigger over time causing greater damage to the pipes.
At LCL Plumbing we pride ourselves on fair, competitive and transparent pricing. We understand that fixing plumbing issues can be expensive, that’s why we’re happy to offer interest free payment plans to our customers.
link to https://lclplumbing.com.au/payment-plans/
Yes, taking these steps before your plumber arrives will make their job easier and faster, saving you time and money!
- If you know where the main sewer point is located, check this to see if it is full of water. If it is full of water then the blockage may actually be in the water authority main. You can contact your local water authority and they will generally come out within a couple of hours and take a look free of charge.
- Locate any relevant plumbing documentation you may have such as house plans. These can assist the plumber in understanding the setup of the plumbing and find the source of the problem quicker.
- Uncover any plumbing access points outside, if you know where they are located.
- Make a note of which specific fixtures appear to be blocked or having difficulty draining, so you can show the plumber when they arrive.